Write down the adjectives characterizing people
That person always cries at weddings, in the cinema, while reading a touching story. / sensitive, emotional, touchy
That person never gives presents or buys drinks for others. / stingy
That person is easy to get on with. / sociable
That person hurts people or animals. / cruel
That person always thinks bad things will happen. / pessimist
That person always thinks good things will happen. / optimist
That person makes you yawn. / boring
That person never thinks about others’ feelings. / egoist
That person easily makes you laugh. / funny
That person doesn’t like talking about his/her achievements. / humble, modist
That person never changes his/her mind even though he/she thinks that he/she is wrong. / stubborn
That person never smiles. / serious, gloomy
That person keeps things tidy. / neat
That person always arrives late for meetings. / unpunctuality
That person always keeps his emotions and feelings to himself/herself. / introvert
II. Here are 12 sentences. Eight sentences have mistakes in them and four sentences are correct. Leave the correct sentences as they are and correct the mistakes in eight sentences.
Here are 12 sentences. Eight sentences have mistakes in them and four sentences are correct. Leave the correct sentences as they are and correct the mistakes in eight sentences.
1. Do you know what time does the train arrive?
Do you know what time the train arrives ?
2. Tell me what is the problem.
Tell me what the problem is.
3. Can you tell me where is 5th Avenue?
Can you tell me where 5th Avenue is?
4. Could you let us know when he arrives?
5. Do you know if this is the way to the station?
6. I’d like to know where is the library.
I’d like to know where is the library.
7. Could you let us know are you coming?
Could you let us know if are you coming?
8. Do you understand what are they saying?
Do you understand what they are saying?
9. Please tell me who is in charge.
10. I wonder will it be sunny tomorrow.
I wonder if it will be sunny tomorrow.
11. I’m trying to find out how much is my electricity bill this month.
I’m trying to find out how much my electricity bill is this month.
12. Can you tell me where the police station is?